interactive project manager - Providence, RI
The interactive project manager assists our Interactive Group in bringing together the best of design, technology, branding and marketing to create compelling websites that are useful and usable. The interactive project manager is responsible for the strategic planning and oversight of the concept, architecture, design and implementation phases of web development projects. Candidate must be versed in high-level architecture/technology specification and requirements gathering and be able to direct in-house and outsourced development resources during the implementation of projects. Candidate should have strong client facing skills and be able to work closely with other team members to gather their inputs and create proposals, statements of work, timelines and schedules of deliverables.
Reports to: vp, interactive/digital marketing
- Meet with clients and be able to identify their business and user requirements and objectives.
- Direct the design, content and architecture phases of work. Manage team tasks, project schedules, and project budgets.
- Work with visual/graphic designers, strategists, content authors, site developers, and programmers.
- Work well with small and large teams.
- Manage due dates, deliverables and level of effort to meet all client and in-house deadlines.
- Assist with new business development efforts and proposal writing.
- Work with in-house, client or outsourced development teams during implementation to ensure adherence to visual design and architecture specifications.
- Work with technology teams in creating Quality Assurance testing plans. Coordinate client and in-house staff during Quality Assurance and direct the change process.
- Work well with designers, site developers and programmers to find the best possible solution for our clients that balance user, business and technology requirements while fitting within the constraints of time and budget.
- Take initiative to build and develop skills in management, advertising/marketing, technology and design as necessary.
- Participate in firm cross-training exercises and internal professional development retreats and programs.
- Embrace agency culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace.
- Work diligently and ethically toward the achievement of agency mission and vision statement.
- Complete timely and accurate timesheets.
- Meet assigned billable goals.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience.
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Graphic/Visual Arts, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Keen understanding of human capabilities, limitations, information processing and the science of the organization of information.
- Must have previously managed web development projects (webapps, websites or social media apps) from initial requirements gathering through delivery into production.
- Strong knowledge of user centered design processes and methodology.
- Working knowledge of user centered design principles and practices.
- Ability to understand and manage complexity that defines what a site will be and how it will work including the vision, user requirements, content, functionality/scope, branding and growth over time.
- Ability to plan, facilitate and document client meetings and workshops.
- Experience working on large, complex sites.
- Skilled at coordinating multiple tracks on work to bring the site vision to life.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and diagrammatic communication skills.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship.
- An appreciation for branding, user research, marketing, and visual design.
Our culture rewards:
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously or in groups
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
If you are interested in joining our creative family please send a resume and letter of interest (including salary requirements) using "interactive project manager" on the subject line of your email:
Please also include a link to work you have completed, along with a brief summary of your role in the project.
Sorry - no relocation or visa sponsorship available.