529 College Savings Day
CollegeBoundfund, Rhode Island’s 529 college savings plan, wanted to find an engaging way to raise awareness about “529 College Savings Day” and encourage families to start saving sooner for higher education expenses.
We developed a multidisciplinary sponsorship opportunity during a Pawtucket Red Sox game on May 29, 2014 (529 College Savings Day). Amongst our highlights we:
- Developed a multi-media promotional campaign, including on-air interviews, PA announcements and a First Pitch with then-General Treasurer Gina Raimondo
- Produced a PSA featuring CollegeBoundfund account owners
- Organized a networking barbeque for CollegeBoundfund clients and their families
- Hosted a raffle for game attendees to “win” a $529 contribution in a CollegeBoundfund account
- Developed post-event media outreach, resulting in several print and online placements