(add)ventures (“(add)ventures,” “we,” “us,” “our”) takes the privacy of our clients and interested parties seriously and is committed to safeguarding their privacy while using our services and/or while we are in possession of their information. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information we collect, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. Our Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the information shared with us.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to information that users may submit to us offline, by email or other electronic file transmission not facilitated by our Website, or to third-party websites that may be linked to or from the website. We are not responsible for the actions and privacy policies of third-party websites.
By using the website, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not use the website. We reserve the right to modify the terms of this Privacy Statement from time to time. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
We may collect the following information:
- Client/interested party information: name, telephone # and email address, etc.;
- Company information: name, address, business information, telephone #, billing information, and/or marketing, design, video, digital information etc. in the course of our projects;
- Vendor information: name, address, telephone #, billing information, e-mail address, etc.;
- Correspondence: any information/job application provided through related communication channels; and/or,
- Any photograph shared with or provided to us;
Ways of Collection
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information given to us by a client/interested party. The client/interested party may give us information in a variety of ways when (add)ventures is contracted to complete certain projects.
- Interested parties entering contact information via our website or connected 3rd-party website.
- Market research information collected from various commercially-available providers.
Use of Information
(add)ventures uses the information we collect in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Conducting research and analysis (for example, market and consumer research, security research and analysis, and trend analysis);
- Providing solutions to the problems presented to us by the client;
- Providing customer support, managing projects and responding to requests, questions and comments;
- Communicating about general (add)ventures information, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions;
- Analyzing and developing new products, services and websites;
- Personalizing content on our website;
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies; and,
- Performing other activities consistent with this Privacy Statement.
(add)ventures is dedicated to protecting our clients’/interested parties’ information from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, any personal information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt the information obtained in transit and when applicable, at rest using industry standard encryption tools.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems whenever we find it appropriate to do so.
- We restrict access to information only to (add)ventures’ employees, contractors and agents. All (add)ventures’ employees, contractors and agents are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and anyone violating such obligations shall be held liable.
Sharing of Information
We do not share any information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of (add)ventures unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- We will only share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of (add)ventures when we have specific consent to do so, except when we share information to third-party servicers which provide administrative or other services to (add)ventures.
- We will only disclose information in accordance with our Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures as regulated by law. We will ensure that any third-party servicers that may come in contact with your information will have confidentiality and/or privacy policies equal to or greater than our own.
- To the extent required or permitted by the applicable law, we will share information with companies, organizations or individuals that are not affiliated with (add)ventures if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including a subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service and/or End User License, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- As may be required for purposes of national security; or,
- Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or exposure to legal liability, where (add)ventures believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- If (add)ventures is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any information and provide users unaffected by such merger, acquisition or asset sale notice before information is transferred or becomes subject to a different Privacy Statement.
We will ask for consent before using any personal information for any purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Statement to the extent permitted by law. We will also cease to use any personal information for any purpose if requested to do so.
Transparency and choice in collection process
We understand that clients/interested parties have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect and how we process and store it, so that each can make meaningful choices about what type of data they would like to provide when working with (add)ventures.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If at any time a client/interested party would like access to or correct the information that (add)ventures has on file, they would be directed to send a request to [email protected] via email. When providing clients/interested parties with or updating their information, (add)ventures may ask for verification of the requester’s identity before we can act on such a request.
Where (add)ventures can assist in providing or correcting information, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. (add)ventures aims to maintain our services and information in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Therefore, it is possible that after a request for deletion of information has been made, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and we may not remove information from our back-up systems.
(add)ventures complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States of America where it applies to our information protection activities. (add)ventures does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 unless authorized by an adult guardian.
Users Outside of the United States
If you use our website outside of the United States, you understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection, processing, and storage of your personal information in the United States and elsewhere. The laws in the U.S. and these countries regarding personal information may be different than the laws of your state or country.
Agreement with the Privacy Statement
Clients/interested parties expressly consent to (add)ventures’ processing of information as described in this Privacy Statement when information is provided to us.
In addition, through these uses and interactions with (add)ventures and/or the (add)ventures website, clients/interested parties specifically consent to our collection of information by automated means, and to our subsequent processing of the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.